Design Archives Vol. 19
! Members only
Call for SubmissionsFri, Feb 22nd, 2013 / Last day to submit
Volume 19 of The Design Archives will be produced in a collaborative submission-based format, with instructions written below by Dylan Fracareta.
- View your Sent emails by date:
- Collect all SENT attachments from the date/time period in which you became a member at the D.O. (i.e. I became a member in September 2012 — so from that point on, any files I sent are game, regardless if I was physically in the office or not.)
- Collect attachments for EACH applicable day post-membership (i.e. It’s totally fine if you don’t have material for everyday.)
You do not need to submit ALL sent attachments — feel free to edit as you wish. This process is basically a simulation of the ‘recycling bin method’ that has ceased to exist post move. The thought being that Sent Attachments have already gone through a process of individual curation and in doing so have gained a degree of ‘value.’
- Please do NOT rename files
- Please organize your images in individual folders by date (i.e. 091712, 100212, 100512, etc.)
- I’ll organize an online file/submission structure something like:
one folder for each day of the year
w/ sub-folders for each member that you can drag your material into
(or maybe, if it’s easier, we’ll just set up a dedicated hard-drive)
- ALL submitted ‘work’ will be included in the Archive, so be conscious of your own selections/edits.